What are cookies?
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
– ensuring the website functions correctly;
– distinguish one user from another on the website;
– remembering your last session when you return to the website.
– estimate the website’s audience size and usage patterns.
– store information about your preferences, which allows us to customise the website and content according to your individual preferences;
– speed up searches on the website;
– granting you access to restricted content;
– tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type;
– improving how our website performs;
– allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
– helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
The types of cookies we use
We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount of time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
– Essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
– Site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
– Functional cookies – these are cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password, or settings.
– Advertising cookies – these are cookies that matches your interests or web searches with applicable advertising campaigns on our website. We use them to provide you with advertising that we think you might find useful.
– Social media cookies – these are cookies that integrate with social media platforms. We use them to help you share content from our website to your chosen social media platform.
– Flash cookies – these are cookies that help your device read content supported by Adobe Flash. We use them to make sure that any Flash advertisements or videos appear properly on your device.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You can read how to do this at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary, or cause the website to forget your preferences. Deleting cookies may not prevent you from seeing advertisements on our website, but such advertising may be less relevant to you.
Analytics cookies: they allow us to understand how the Site is used by the users. Third-party cookies: they are cookies of websites or web servers other than that of the Controller, used by third parties for their own purposes.
Navigation or session technical cookies: they are strictly necessary for the Site to function and for the user to obtain the requested contents and services. Functionality cookies: they are used to activate specific Site functions (e.g., the language) thus improving the service they provide.